Speak. Read. Succeed.

We provide both evaluation and treatment for pediatric speech and language disorders, including reading disabilities and dyslexia.

Difficulty Producing Sounds?

read more about Speech Sound Disorders

Difficulty Expressing Themselves?

read more about Developmental Language Disorders

Difficulties with Reading & Writing?

read more about Reading Disabilities & Dyslexia

Speech Sound Disorders

These are characterized by difficulties producing certain sounds.

Children may struggle to articulate one or more sounds or display a pattern of sound errors. This makes it hard for others to understand them. For example, they may say ‘tat’ for ‘cat’ or ‘wabbit’ for ‘rabbit’. While some children naturally outgrow these speech errors, others will require professional speech therapy.

Developmental Language Disorders

These are characterized by deficits in comprehension or expression.

Children with developmental language disorders may have a difficult time expressing their wants & needs, engaging in conversations, or following directions. They may have a limited vocabulary or display difficulties with grammar. They may also struggle to understand complex texts or subtle nuances of meaning.

Reading Disabilities & Dyslexia

These are characterized by difficulties with written language, including reading and writing.

Children with oral language deficits may find themselves struggling with reading comprehension in their school-age years. Others may have specific difficulties with basic reading or spelling only. Others may be classified with a learning disability. Building a solid foundation of skills in both oral and written language is important for both their academic and personal endeavors.

Get Started Today

Request a comprehensive evaluation so we can diagnose all areas of need and design an individualized treatment plan for your child. Starting as early as possible will lead to the best results in speech and reading therapy.

Request an Evaluation

Frequently Asked Questions

What ages do you work with?

I primarily work with toddlers, preschoolers, and school-aged clients, but I am licensed to work with children and adults of any age.

Do you take insurance or just private pay?

I am not credentialed with any insurance companies, so I accept private pay only at this time. Many of my clients are receiving help with reading/writing, and unfortunately, most insurance companies do not cover this kind of service. I will set you up with an account via a secure client portal, where you will be asked to enter your credit card for ease of payment.

Where are you located?

I am located in South Ogden, Utah (1190 East 5425 South, South Ogden UT, 84403, Suite 118). Sessions can be scheduled in-person at my office or online via teletherapy appointments.

What is the evaluation process like? And how long does it take?

I will offer to bring my assessment materials to your home to conduct the evaluation in a comfortable environment for your child. Depending on the needs of your child, there are several assessments I may administer. I may ask your child to answer questions, tell stories, say some words, etc. An evaluation can take anywhere from ~1-4 hours. For young children, we can take breaks and pause for lunch/snacks when needed.

Will I get a copy of the evaluation results?

Yes. I will write a detailed report with the evaluation results and recommendations for treatment. Within about one week of the evaluation appointment, I will contact you to schedule a time to go over the report via a virtual meeting. I will also send you a PDF of the report for your records.

How many treatment sessions will my child need per week?

I can discuss specific recommendations for treatment frequency with you when delivering the evaluation report, but in general, how often we meet will be up to you. Of course, there may be an over-saturation effect if we meet too often, but the more often we meet, the more skills we can address. Scheduling treatment sessions 2-3x/week may be best for some clients, but others may prefer just 1x/week, or even every other week. It’s largely up to you!

How does teletherapy work? What will I need? Can I still do in-person sessions?

Yes, you can request treatment sessions in your home, if you live near Ogden, Utah. I may recommend that we start sessions in your home at first and then transition to online (teletherapy) sessions, once your child is comfortable with the initial strategies.

For each teletherapy session, you will be sent a link to join the virtual session via a secure Google Meet video conference. I have a doc camera and a web camera. I will likely be using both or switching between them. If you have access to a computer with a webcam, we can get started! Additionally, you may want to purchase a doc camera (or something like it), if your child is working on reading/writing skills, so that I can see your child’s paper.

What is a Speech-Language Pathologist? And what services are within your scope of practice?

A Speech-Language Pathologist, or SLP for short, is a licensed allied health professional. SLPs are licensed by their state and often have a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). In order to receive their credentials, SLPs must have a minimum of a master’s degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited university, including 400 hours of clinical experience, and a clinical fellowship following graduation, consisting of at least 1260 hours. Ongoing continuing education hours are required to maintain licensure. 

Speech-Language Pathologists are uniquely qualified to diagnose and treat a variety of domains, including speech sound production, fluency/stuttering, language (spoken and written), cognition, voice, resonance, auditory habilitation/rehabilitation, feeding and swallowing, and augmentative and alternative communication. SLPs may work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, skilled nursing facilities, schools, and private practice with patients of all ages across the lifespan, from development to rehabilitation. To learn more about the scope and practice of a Speech-Language Pathologist, view this page on the ASHA website.

Send us a message!




1190 E 5425 South Ogden, UT 84403 Suite 118

Phone Number:

(801) 822-1450



Hours of Operation:

Mon-Sat 8 AM – 8 PM by appointment

Services are offered at my office in South Ogden, online, or occasionally in your home. A travel fee may apply for in-home visits, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis at my discretion.